Rosary Community Council
The Rosary Community Council Representatives for 2020 are:
|Council Chair :||Jackie Brady|
|Deputy Chair :||Libby Reardon|
|Treasurer :||May Kain|
|Secretary :||Elaina Lobendahn|
|Parent Representative :||Lucy Steen|
|Parent Representative :||Kate Roggeveen|
|Parent Representative :||Raphaela Higginbotham|
|Parent Representative :||Rachael Moore|
|Staff Representative :||Rachel McKerrow|
|Ex Officio :||Parish Priest|
|Executive Officer :||Principal/Assistant Principal|
The Council has responsibility to make decisions in the following areas:
- Supporting the development of the Catholic identity, ethos and mission of the school.
- Supporting pastoral care strategies in the school community.
- Promoting the school in the local community.
- Developing, approving and monitoring the annual budget, including school determined levies, loan commitments and the fees collection and remission policy.
- Developing and monitoring school enterprises, eg Outside School Hours Care (ROSACS), sports associations, hall hire.
- Developing capital and maintenance programs.
- Developing local strategic plans (finances, buildings, resources) and contributing to Archdiocesan educational strategic planning.
- Facilitating local school community debate in response to System leadership by the Catholic Education Commission (CEC) and Catholic Education (CE) in lobbying governments in school funding campaigns.
- Approving school uniform items decided at school level.
- Ensuring that the Parish and school community receives the Annual School Council Report.
- Fundraising for the benefit of students in the school community.
The Council has responsibility to provide advice in areas such as:
- School programs and activities.
- School policies, e.g. reporting, homework, student welfare etc.
- Parent support processes.
- Other matters as requested by the Parish Priest or Principal.
Communication with the Council can be made via email: email@example.com