- Principals Report Week 10 Term 3
- Religious Education News
- Dates for your Diary
- Veritas Awards
- BEST Awards
- Rosary Primary School 60th Anniversary Cocktail Party Invitation
- OSHClub Newsletter
- OSHClub Holiday Program Program Information
- Rosary Community Council Annual General Meeting
- Grace Thornton (Year 5) Meets with Federal MP
- Holy Rosary Parish Upcoming Events
- Extracurricular Activities at Rosary
- Whole Day Absences via Parent Portal
- School Counselling Services
- Clothing Pool Opening Hours
- Car Park Safety Reminder
- Transport Canberra School Bus Updates
- Road upgrades near Rosary Primary School
- artKids @ Rosary
- Catholic Women's Dinner 27th October 2023
- The Pirates of Penzance
- Holiday Happenings
- Daramalan Theatre Company Presents the Gift of Story
Dear Parents and Carers
Well done to everyone for a wonderful Term 3. The term went very quickly but many wonderful learning experiences and activities took place. The warm weather has been an indication of the hot weather we may face in coming months! I wish everyone a school holiday break and restful change to the normal school routines. Stay safe and well.
Mr and Mrs Hinds have welcomed a healthy baby boy to their family this week! Walter John Hinds was born on Monday 18 September and both mum and bub are doing well! Norah and Audrey are also very excited to have a baby brother. We wish them well at this special time.
Just for your information too, Miss Sophie Wells (Classroom Support Assistant) has moved to Queensland. We farewelled Sophie on Friday last week and wished her well for her new adventures up north!
ACT Rostrum Final
Congratulations to Eve Andonovksi on representing Rosary at the ACT Rostrum Final on Monday night. Eve did a terrific speech about ‘Life Expectancy’ that was enjoyed by the crowd. The standard was very high in the final with the award winners coming from Canberra Girls’ Grammar, marist College and Curtin Primary School.
Kinder and Year 1 Possum Magic Excursion
Good luck to Kindergarten and Year 1 students for their excursion to the Canberra Theatre this Friday 22 September to watch the theatre production of Possum Magic. This should be an amazing show and live experience they will remember for a long time. What a lovely way to finish a great term.
Again, wishing you a lovely upcoming holiday break.
YEAR 4 MASS – thank you
Year 4 participated beautifully in Mass last Thursday. Congratulations also to Millie Conlin who received the Sacrament of First Holy Communion! Thank you to Diandra Arbaquez and Emma Hillsdon for your preparation. Thank you to everyone who was able to attend.
SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION – thank you
Last Friday night, 19 candidates received the Sacrament of Confirmation in a beautiful Liturgy at Holy Rosary church. A special thank you to their teachers, Mara Pangallo and Chris Evans for all their work behind the scenes preparing the students. Thank you also to Fr Mannes for your guidance and all that you do for our school.
YEAR 6 MASS – tomorrow, Thursday 21 September @ 10am
Year 6 will participate in a Mass of thanksgiving at Holy Rosary Church, tomorrow @ 10am.
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
All students enrolled to receive the sacrament of Reconciliation should now have their packs. If this is incorrect, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commitment Mass: Please attend any Mass throughout the month of September/October and hand the Commitment Card to Fr Mannes after Mass. Your attendance at Mass and the Commitment Card will indicate your intention to assist your child in the necessary preparation. Holy Rosary Mass times: Sat 5pm and Sun 10am, 5pm.
- Resource Fee: Please return the resource fee (and copy of the baptismal certificate if you have not already supplied one) to the front office by Friday 22 October 2023.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation Date: The Sacrament of Reconciliation will take place on Saturday 28 October 2023 between 3pm and 4pm, Holy Rosary Church.
CHANGE OF DATE
The Year 5 Mass scheduled for 9 October has been moved to 16 November as Fr Mannes will be on leave for the first two weeks of school next term.
TWENTY-FIFTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
Year A| Sunday 24 September| green
“Are you jealous because I am generous?”
Click on the link below to go the readings and activities for this Sunday.
Religious Education Coordinator
- Year 6 Grade Mass - Thursday 21st September - 10.00am Holy Rosary Church
- Term 3 Ends - Friday 22nd September
- Term 4 Starts for ALL Students and Staff - Monday 9th October
- Year 5 Mass - Thursday 19th October - 10.00am Holy Rosary Church
Congratulations to the following students who received a Veritas Award:
Council will hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday 18 October 2023 at 6:00pm. The meeting will be held in the staffroom at the school. At this meeting we will elect Council roles of Chair, Deputy Chair, Treasurer and Secretary for 2024.
You are most welcome to attend and if you wish to please email email@example.com to register attendance.
Holy Rosary Parish is bringing back their monthly sausage sizzles on the last Sunday of each month. All welcome to join us after 10am Mass on Sunday 27 August for a coffee/tea and a sausage sandwich. Hope to see you there!
‘Called and Gifted’ Seminar
To help welcome in the Year of the Holy Spirit, Holy Rosary Parish is hosting a ‘Called and Gifted’ Seminar. Starting Wednesday 27 Sept at 7 pm in the Parish Centre, ‘Called and Gifted’ is the discernment process that helps us unlock our story, understand our gifts and discover our unique mission. When we work from our gifts we are more fruitful, resilient and joyful. Journey with us as we discern what God is calling us to be in this season of life.
For more information contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many extracurricular activities available onsite for our Rosary Students. Please note all of these activities attract a fee and are delivered by external providers. Please see the timetable below for details:
- French Lessons - Monday 3.10pm - 4.20pm (continuing) / Wednesday 8.00am - 9.00am (beginner)
- Action Tae Kwon-Do - Monday 6.30pm Children class / 7:30pm Adult class
- Chess Club - Tuesday 3.10pm - 4.30pm (Weeks 1-9)
- Zanshin Martial Arts - Tuesday 6.30pm Junior class / 7:30pm Senior class
- Artkids - Thursday 3.15pm - 5.15pm
- Italian Lessons - Friday 8:00am - 9:00am (beginner)
- Musicorp (various instruments) / Piano Lessons - Friday 8:20am and during class time throughout the day
- Block Crafters - Wednesday - Coding and Robotics After School Programme for interested students aged 8-12 years (currently fully booked).
- Dance Club - PLAY - The Dance Agency - Thursdays at Lunchtime from Weeks 2-10 - Kinder to Year 4
Please contact the school if you require further information.
Whole Day Absences
If your child is absent from school for a whole day or longer, please submit details of the absence via the Parent Portal. This should be completed within 7 days of the absence. There is no need to adjust times for whole day absences.
If your child will only be absent for a partial day, the absence will be recorded as your child is signed in or out via the kiosk at the front office. You do not need to add an early pick up or late drop off via the Parent Portal.
Unexplained absences for your child will be displayed on your homepage when you log in to Parent Portal.
If an unexplained absence appears that you believe to be incorrect, please send an email to the front office for investigation.
The school counsellor, is available every Thursday and Friday.
You can refer your child for counselling by contacting the school or filling in a referral form available on Catholic Care’s website or follow this link: https://catholiccare.force.com/housing/s/school-referral-form
After you have filled out the referral form you will automatically be sent an email requesting your consent for your child to access the service. In the case of families where parents are separated, consent of both parents is normally required. If this is difficult for you please feel free to discuss this with the counsellor.
Access to the clothing pool will now be as follows:
Monday - All Day (school hours)
Tuesday - Friday - Before and after school only
Thank you to our wonderful parent volunteers who maintain the space for our community.
Please note: All donations of preloved uniforms (in good wearable condition) are welcome at the front office.
Road line marking and signage improvements are planned near Rosary Primary School. Please find a copy of the designs attached for your information.
The works are expected to be undertaken in the next three months, with the exact timing subject to the contractor’s scheduling. The contractor will minimise the impact on the school community when undertaking the works, including avoiding working during the school peak periods.
There are just ten days to book earlybird tickets to the Catholic Women's Dinner, 6.30 pm on 27 October 2023 at the Southern Cross Club (Woden).
This dinner will celebrate the contribution of women to Church and society while raising funds for MacKillop House, a place of safety for women and children.
We are delighted to announce the guest speaker is Genevieve Jacobs AM, a passionate story teller and experienced journalist committed to strengthening community engagement.
It is a wonderful opportunity to build community. I hope you can join us.
Earlybird tickets are $70, Standard tickets are $80. You will be seated at a table of ten. You have the option to buy a whole table for $700.
The easiest way to get tickets is to purchae via the link (the link is also on the website cgwomen.com.au If you are not comfortable with this method, please call me (0487388873) and I will help you out.